Skip to Main Content
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Research Laboratory Associate, Laboratory Manager for the W.M. Keck Foundation Laboratory for NanoEngineering
- B.S. 2008. Clinical Laboratory Science, Idaho State University, Boise, Idaho.
- Ph.D. 1993. Biology, Academy of Science, Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- M.S. 1985. Physiology, National University, Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan. USSR.
- B.S. 1984. Teaching major in Biology. National University, Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan, USSR.
- B.S. 1980. Nursing (major in obstetrics), summa cum laude. Medical College, Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan, USSR.
- 2012. Biotechnology Techniques. FAES Graduate School at the National Institutes of Health.
- 2010-2011. Molecular Biology. Boise State University.
- 2006-2007. Clinical Laboratory Science. Idaho State University.
- March 2011 Present. Research Laboratory Associate, Laboratory Manager for the W.M. Keck Foundation Laboratory for nanoEngineering of Materials Science & Engineering. Boise State University.
- June 2010 – March 2011. Research Scientist. Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Boise, Idaho.
- 1997-2001. Director of the Quality Assurance Department. Manufactory of Cosmetics and Detergent products “SharkCaola”. UzbekHungary Joint Venture. Tashken, Uzbekistan.
- 1995-1997. Laboratory Superintendent of Diagnostics & Biological Control Laboratory. National Research Institute of Cancer. Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- 1986-1995. Research Scientist of Lipids Metabolism Laboratory. Research Institute of Biochemistry of Academy of Science. Tashkent, Uzbekistan, USSR.
- 1985-1986. Teacher of Chemistry and Physiology. High School, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, USSR.
- 1980. Obstetrician. Hospital of Obstetrics, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, USSR.
- Sara R Goltry, Natalya Hallstrom, Tyler Clark, Wan Kuang, Jenghoon Lee, Cheryl Jorcyk, William B Knowlton, Bernard Yurke, William L Hughes, Elton Graugnard. DNA Topology Influences Molecular Machine Lifetime in Human Serum. Nanoscale. (04/2015).
- Guliamova FIa, Iakovleva NN, Ivanov VI, Saatov TS. The membrane receptor binding of thyroid hormones in rat liver and brain cells in ontogeny. Ontogenez. SepOct:26 (5):3705. (1995).
- Saatov TS, Iakovleva NN. Isolation and characteristics of the thyroxin membrane receptor. Vopr Med Khim. NovDec; 40(6):103.(1994).
- Turakulov IaKh, Saatov TS, Guliamova FIa, Iakovleva NN. Membrane reception of thyroid hormones. Biokhimiia. May; 56(5):83945. (1991).
Conference Presentations, Posters, and Extended Abstracts
- Xiaoping Olson, Natalya Hallstrom, Sara Goltry, Elton Graugnard, and William L. Hughes. A Leak-Reduction Technique for DNA Strand Displacement Circuits, poster presentation on 19th International Conference on DNA Computing and Molecular Programming (DNA19). (Sep. 2013).
- Sara Goltry, Natalya Hallstrom, Tyler Clark, Jeunghoon Lee, William B. Knowlton, Elton Graugnard, and William L. Hughes. Long-Term Operability of a DNA-based Nanomachine in Human Serum, poster presentation on 19th International Conference on DNA Computing and Molecular Programming (DNA19). (Sep. 2013).
- Hallstrom N, Purnell G, Minick J, Goll M, Delaney A.E, Clark T, Graugnard E, Yurke B, Hughes W.L. Reaction Kinetics of DNA and ZNA at Low Salt Concentrations, poster presentation on 67th ACS Northewest Regional Meeting (NORM 2012). (Jun. 2012).
- Leininger R, Hallstrom N, Herve A. Gambliel. Differentially Expressed Cardiac Sarcoplasmic Reticulum Proteins Revealed by 2D-DIGE in Anthracycline Cardiomyopathy, poster presentation at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center; Mountain States Tumor, Medical Research Institute, Boise, Id; Brigham Young University, Idaho; Rexburg, Id. (Jan. 2011).
- Hale P, Alder A, Hallstrom N, Herve A. Gambliel. Twodimentional differential ingel electrophoresis of cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum in doxorubicin cardiomyopathy, poster presentation at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Boise, Id. (Aug.2010).
- Iakovleva N.N. Characterization and mechanism of functioning of thyroid hormone receptors on plasma membranes. Incorporated Symposium of The Biochemical Societies. Mechanisms of Regulation of Cell Metabolism. Moscow, Russia, (1993).
- Guliamova F.Ia, Iakovleva N.N. Kakharova O. Features of Thyroid Hormones Binding Sites on Plasma Membranes. Materials of The Third Union Meeting of Endocrinologists. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. (1989).
- Kakharova O, Guliamova F.Ia, Iakovleva N.N. The nature of thyroxin binding sites on plasma membranes. Theses of Reports of The X Incorporated Symposium of The Biochemical Societies USSRGDR “Mechanisms of Regulation of Cellular Activity.” Moscow, Russia. (1989).
- Guliamova F.Ia, Zaynutdinov B, Iakovleva N.N, Kakharova G. Interrelation between Phospholipids structure of Plasma Membranes of Cells of a Liver and Brain, and Reception of Thyroxin (T4). Theses of Reports of The Third Symposium “Biochemistry of Lipids.” Moscow, Russia. (1987).
- Reaction Kinetics of DNA and ZNA at Low Salt Concentrations.(2011-2012).
- Characterization of SERCA2 ATPase pump. Investigation of doxorubicin effect on SRCA2 ATPase pump and other calcium channel proteins. (2010-2011).
- The nature of thyroid hormones binding sites on plasma membranes. Purification and characteristics of the thyroxine membrane receptor. (1986 – 1995).
- The effect of experimental stress on change in activity of acid phosphatase, cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) and on carbohydrate metabolism in the blood serum of rats. (1983 – 1985).