Undergraduate Research Assistant – Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Ann joined the Nanoscale Materials & Device Group in the summer of 2012. She is currently a senior pursuing a Bachelor Science degree in Materials Science and Engineering.
In her spare time (what of it there is), Ann enjoys knitting, reading, hiking, and playing with dogs.
- Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis (PAGE)
- DNA Purification and Extraction
- Imaging of PAGE Gels
- Preparation of Solutions at Different Concentrations
- Design and Characterization of DNA strands
- Calculation of DNA Hybridization and Strand Displacement Rates
- Determination of DNA concentrations in solution
- Annealing DNA complexes
- Performing DNA Kinetics using Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET)
- Inventory and Ordering of Lab Supplies
- Varian/Agilent Cary Eclipse Fluoresence Spectrophotometer
- Eppendorf BioPhotometer Plus
- Eppendorf Centrifuge 5418
- FluoChem UV Imager
- Eppendorf Mastercycler
- OriginPro 8
- Wolfram Mathematica 9
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Microsoft Office 2013
Conference Presentations and Posters
- Ann Delaney, Natalya Hallstrom, Jeunghoon Lee, Bernard Yurke, William L. Hughes, and Elton Graugnard, Thermodynamic Design Optimization of DNA-Based Chemical Reaction Networks, Poster Presentation at the 2013 3rd Annual Summer Undergraduate Research Conference (Boise, Idaho; Aug. 2, 2013) and the 2013 Idaho INBRE Conference (Moscow, Idaho; Aug. 5-7, 2013).
- Hallstrom N, Purnell G, Minick J, Goll M, Delaney A.E., Clark T, Graugnard E, Yurke B, Hughes W.L. Reaction Kinetics of DNA and ZNA at Low Salt Concentrations, Poster Presentation at 67th ACS Northewest Regional Meeting (NORM 2012). Boise, ID. June 24, 2012.
- N. Hallstrom, B. Huttanus, A. Delaney, M. Tobiason, X. Olson, S. Goltry, T. Clark, K. Tawara, C. Jorcyk, J. Lee, Q. Huang, B. Yurke, E. Graugnard, W.L. Hughes. Low-cost, isothermal, and enzymatic-free detection of miRNAs, Poster Presentation at Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI). Cambridge, MA. March 3-4, 2012.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
(None at this time)
(None at this time)