Undergraduate Research Assistant
Department of Physics
Tyler is pursuing a dual major in physics and applied mathematics. He joined the Nanoscale Materials and Device Group in Summer 2011 through an internship with the IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) program. He officially joined as a student researcher in Fall 2011 working with the DNA Nanomachine and the DNA Reaction Network teams.
Instruments and Techniques
- Biological Safety Cabinet: Nuaire NU-425-00 Type A2.
- Eppendorf Mastercycler – compact thermal cycler (4 to 99oC).
- Eppendorf Biophotometer Plus – compact UV/Vis photometer.
- Hitachi Gene Spec III – compact UV absorbance spectrometer.
- Hoefer Mini-vertical gel electrophoresis unit SE 260 .
- Hoefer Mini Submarine Electrophoresis Unit.
- Cary 5000 UV-Vis Spectrophotometer.
- Agilent Fluorescence Spectrophotometer.
- Varian Fluorescence Spectrophotometer.
- Lab-built Fluorescence Spectrophotometer that can read fluorescence in optically opaque samples such as blood.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
Kim, B. I., Clark, Reilly and Clark, Tyler (2011), Long-Term structural changes of plasmid DNA studied by atomic force microscopy. Scanning. doi: 10.1002/sca.20241
Conference Poster Presentations
Operation of a DNA-Based Fluorescent Probe in Human Biological Fluids. Tyler Clark, Sara Goltry, Elton Graugnard, Wan Kuang, Bernard Yurke, William L. Hughes. Poster Presentation at Idaho INBRE Conference 2012.
Operational Rates of a DNA-Based Nanomachine in Human Serum and Blood. Tyler Clark, Sara Goltry, Elton Graugnard, Bernard Yurke, William L. Hughes. Poster Presentation at the Northwestern American Chemical Society Conference 2012.
Operation of a DNA Nanomachine in Human Fluids. Tyler Clark, Sara Goltry, Jessica Minick, Elton Graugnard, Bernard Yurke, William L. Hughes. Poster Presentation at the 9th Annual BSU Undergraduate Research Conference 2012.
AhR/STAT1 Complexes in Rat Hepatoma Cells. Tyler Clark, Quinn Jose S. Marianno, Jordan Koncinsky, Hunter Covert, Cheri Lamb, Kristen Michell. Poster Presentation at the 2011 Idaho INBRE Conference.
Long-term Structural Change in Plasmid DNA. Reilly Clark, Tyler Clark, Byung I.Kim. Poster Presentation at 8th Annual BSU Undergraduate Research and Scholarship Conference 2011.
The Uncoiling of Supercoiled Plasmid DNA Over Time Observed by Atomic Force Microscopy. Reilly Clark, Tyler Clark, Byung I. Kim. Poster Presentation at 7th Annual BSU Undergraduate Research Conference 2010.
Undergraduate Research Video
Links to BSU Admissions on Youtube
2012 Idaho INBRE Undergraduate Fellowship
2011 Idaho INBRE Undergraduate Internship
2011 Idaho INBRE Scholars Program
2010 Idaho INBRE-Pipeline Research Award
2011 BSU Science Day Competition Scholarship – Received first in Engineering Section